Guidelines for agencies wishing to place child survivors of sex trafficking at The Refuge Ranch.
Agency Intake Referrals
The Refuge Ranch, developed by The Refuge for DMST™, is a long-term, residential, therapeutic community for girls, minors through age 19, who have been rescued out of sex trafficking. The following guidelines are in place to provide the best quality for the children living at The Refuge Ranch. Please carefully review these guidelines so the application process can be completed in a timely manner.
INTAKE FACTORS TO CONSIDER BEFORE SUBMITTING REFERRAL
- Must be a female survivor of sex trafficking
- Must be between the ages of 11-17
- Our transitional living apartment will be available Jan. 2019 for survivors 18-19 yrs who have been through our program
- Must not be a threat to herself or others
- Must have a readiness for change and healing
- Must have been through a medical detox, if applicable
BEYOND THE CAPACITY OF OUR CARE
- Must not be actively homicidal or suicidal
- Must not have court obligations out of state that require travel
- Must not be on a medically assisted treatment program that needs methadone, suboxone, or any narcotics
- Must not have been diagnosed with a debilitating medical condition
- Must not be a sex offender
WE ARE NOT AN EMERGENCY PLACEMENT FACILITY, OR A SHORT-TERM SAFE HOUSE
If you need emergency placement please contact Centro Seguro, a 24-hour drop in center for youth ages 11 – 17.
Instructions: Please complete the Intake Referral Form below in its entirety to assist us in providing a quick response. Upon completion, please submit the form to email@example.com. The Refuge for DMST will respond to your request within 24-48 hours from receipt. Overnight and weekend submissions may take longer. If you have an immediate question or concern, or would like assistance in completing this form, please contact our Referral Line at 512-806-0560.
Click here to download and fill out the Intake Referral Form.
- Complete Intake application and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone interview with agency referring or guardian referring youth
- Background check of youth completed
- In person or Skype interview with youth
- When assessment is completed travel arrangements to facility will be finalized
- Youth transported to facility