Executive Admin for The Refuge for DMST - job description
Location: Austin, TX
Start Date: July 2018
Manage executive-level correspondence, scheduling, and priorities on a daily and ongoing basis, including occasional projects as assigned by the CEO. Must be an effective multitasker, proactively organized, detail oriented, and a professional and graceful communicator both verbally and in writing. Must possess ability to work with people at all levels and in all roles, inside and outside of the organization, including acting with diplomacy and maintaining confidentiality. Experience necessary in Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel).
Supervised by: Chief Executive Officer
- Manage and maintain executive schedule, including cross-calendar coordination, proactive re-scheduling, and communication with internal and external meeting attendees. Occasional travel arrangements, meeting planning, and organizing meeting materials required.
- Organize, prepare, and respond as directed to executive email and phone correspondence. Review correspondence and documents for quality and consistency.
- Create and manage the CEOs upcoming deliverables and response schedule of daily and weekly priorities, including phone calls, emails, documents, agendas, decisions, and communications. Integrate new priorities and shift existing schedule as directed.
- Attend internal and external meetings, with or on behalf of CEO, to capture deliverables and actionable items for executive team, minuting as necessary. Integrate and manage CEO actions and follow-ups into the executive deliverable and response schedule.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of word processing software with typing speed of 50+ words per minute.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple projects at once.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; two years or more of related experience may be substituted for degree.
- Must have strong computer skills related to use of Excel and Word. Experience working with web-based client information systems strongly preferred. Experience with medical records preferred.
- Must have strong organizational skills and ability to manage several projects at one time.
- Must possess strong problem-solving skills.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work cooperatively with personnel of The Refuge for DMST, customers, clients, clients’ families, volunteers, regulatory personnel, and vendors, as well as the ability to resolve conflicts in a professional, collaborative manner.
- Must be able to accept constructive feedback and take corrective action with a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work in a stressful and occasionally unpredictable environment and to respond to crisis situations without overreaction or loss of objectivity.
- Must be able to pass a drug screening and obtain a recent tuberculosis test or chest X-ray verifying no active tuberculosis.
- Must authorize The Refuge for DMST to check employment references and to conduct a background check in accordance with requirements of the Texas Department of Protective and Regulatory Services.
Must look out for the safety and wellbeing of the youth in care by reporting any issues of abuse or neglect suspected at any time to your immediate supervisor and to the DFPS Hotline at 1-800-252-5400.
This job description in no way implies that the duties listed here are the only ones the employee will be required to perform. The employee may be expected to perform other tasks, projects, and training as requested by his or her supervisor.
TO APPLY: please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com