Help for Parents
Getting help for your child
If your child is a victim of sex trafficking and needs immediate help please dial (888) 373-7888 and the National Human Trafficking Resource Center will find you local assistance. Or if she can, have her text "HELP" or "INFO” to the number 233733 for discreet help.
If your child is in need of longer term care, The Refuge Ranch, developed by The Refuge for DMST™, is a residential, therapeutic community for girls, minors through age 19, who have been rescued out of sex trafficking. With The Refuge Circle of Care™ we sensitively surround each girl with the appropriate services she needs for her individualized healing plan.
We wish we could help all child survivors find rest and restoration. However, at capacity the first Refuge Ranch can only care for 48 girls. The following guidelines are in place to help identify the girls who could benefit the most from our services. Please carefully review these guidelines so the application process can be completed in a timely manner.
FACTORS TO CONSIDER BEFORE APPLYING
- Must be a female survivor of sex trafficking
- Must be between the ages of 11-17
- Our transitional living apartment will be available Jan. 2019 for survivors 18-19 yrs who have been through our program
- Must not be a threat to herself or others
- Must have a readiness for change and healing
- Must have been through a medical detox, if applicable
- We must be able to meet the needs of the youth
BEYOND THE CAPACITY OF OUR CARE
- Must not be actively homicidal or suicidal
- Must not have court obligations out of state that requires travel
- Must not be on a medically assisted treatment program that needs methadone, suboxone, or any narcotics
- Must not have been diagnosed with a debilitating medical condition
- Must not be a sex offender
WE ARE NOT AN EMERGENCY PLACEMENT FACILITY, OR A SHORT-TERM SAFE HOUSE
If you need emergency placement please contact Centro Seguro, a 24-hour drop in center for youth ages 11 – 17. Click here for more information.
Instructions: Please complete the Intake Referral Form below in its entirety to assist us in providing a quick response. Upon completion, please submit the form to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Refuge for DMST will respond to your referral within 24-48 hours from receipt. Overnight and weekend submissions may take longer. If you have an immediate question or concern, or would like assistance in completing this form, please contact our Referral Line at 512-806-0560.
Click here to download and fill out the Intake Referral Form.
- Complete Intake application and submit to email@example.com
- Phone interview with parent or guardian referring child
- Background check of child completed
- In person or Skype interview with child
- When assessment is completed travel arrangements to facility will be finalized
- Child transported to facility