Volunteer opportunities. At The Refuge for DMST, we believe in the incredible impact that volunteering can have on the volunteers themselves and the youth in care, and, therefore, we hope to foster a meaningful experience for each volunteer working side-by-side with our staff to empower the girls we serve.
Volunteer WITH The Refuge for DMST
Volunteer with The Refuge for dmst
At The Refuge for DMST™, we believe that volunteering can have an incredible impact on the youth in our care and on the volunteers themselves. We hope to foster a meaningful experience for each volunteer to empower the girls we serve.
We are currently accepting volunteer applications! Applications for this round of volunteers are due 7/21/18.
Application Due Date: 7/21
Information Session Date: 7/28 or 7/30 @ 11:00am, Bastrop, TX (Duration: 1 hour)
Orientation Date: 8/11 or 8/13 @ 11:00am, Bastrop, TX (Duration: 3 hours)
In order to be considered for this round of volunteers, you must be able to attend one information session and one orientation. We will have another round starting in the fall.
- Homework Helpers: will assist with reading, tutoring, or any educational activity with youth
- Life Skills Volunteers: will help the youth with resume-building, mock interviewing, as well as teaching health and nutrition, cooking, money management, or any development of life skills
- Individual Recreational Volunteers: will help facilitate sports, outdoor activities, or any recreational activity with youth
- Group Recreational Volunteers: will assist with special events and activities on site with the youth, such as carnivals, field days, arts and crafts projects, sports events, or any recreational activity with youth
- Group Service Volunteers: will help with washing vans, beautifying the land, organizing inventory, planning a drive, sponsoring off-grounds activities, or doing any projects without directly volunteering with the youth
Requirements to Volunteer:
- Commit to at least one hour a week of service for a minimum of six months (TBD for group volunteers and life skills classes volunteers).
- Submit a volunteer application to the Enrichment Program Manager.
- Attend one of the two available information sessions (1 hour).
- Engage in an in-person interview (30 min - 1 hour).
- Complete background checks, drug screenings, tuberculous testing, and FBI fingerprinting at your own expense.
- Attend one of the two available orientations (3 hours).
If the applicant meets the requirements to volunteer with The Refuge for DMST™, he or she will be assigned a volunteer time and position.
Volunteers must be a minimum of 21 years of age if working directly with the youth in care.
Thank you for your interest!
Please submit your application to the Enrichment Program Manager at email@example.com.